Saturday 21 August 2010

Experimental Dining

Liz is coming 'round for dinner and whine.  I mean, wine.  We've both not had the best week ever, so we're doing the whole 'misery loves company' thing.  We thought about getting fish 'n chips from the newly opened and refurbished Bluebird chippie around the corner, but I decided I wanted to cook. So I looked to see what I had, and what I wanted to make... and I decided to do a veggie lasagna.  Did I have a recipe?  Nope.  Could I be bothered looking one up?  Nope.  So I used my regular recipe for the cheesy mixture, and then just... decided to wing it.  Winged it?  Wung it?  Whatever. 
Let's see... there's spinach, peppers, aubergine, mushrooms, and... kidney beans.  For that added kick of protein, and because I had a can on hand.  =D

It turned out delish, if I do say so myself.  We both ate two good helpings, and I sent some home with Liz as well as having my own leftovers.  Woot. I'm getting more and more proficient at not being completely recipe-bound every, erm, time I try to cook without a recipe.  ;)

No comments: