Saturday 28 August 2010

Brrrrrr.

So I have somehow managed to unravel a bit of my left calf muscle (muscles, actually) where they join the tendon.  No idea how I managed that, but it's been hurting me all. week. long.  After doing all the usual stuff for strains (of which I am all-too-used to, as I'm a clutz), after four days it was no better.  So yesterday I went to the GP about it, which is where I found out it's a wee bit frayed.  And that it wasn't dumb of me to go in about it, after it not getting better--which is nice to hear, because I am such a worrier by nature that I often worry I'm worried for no good reason.  Anyway.  She told me yesterday to go straight home and put my leg up and ice it 30 minutes out of every hour. 

What?!  No way.  I had plans yesterday, which included coffee with one friend, and McDs with another.  Plus I had to get the prescription she gave me... and by the time I was that far, it wasn't any further into town...

Yeah, I pretty much disobeyed the GP. But today, I'm obeying.  This is my handy-dandy homemade gel pack:  washing-up liquid.  It's not the good kind (here, that's Fairy, but I do sorely miss Dawn...), but the cheap-o kind.  Still, it works.  It's cold, it gets mushy as it thaws so it moulds to me, and it doesn't drip water everywhere.  I hear putting a little liquor in with it makes it even better, but I'm not about to waste good alcohol. 

Thirty minutes of every hour is a dang long time.  Especially when it's already chilly in here.  Brrrrr!

No comments: