Monday 28 February 2011

Sewing Project

I learned how to sew in Girl Scouts, and from my mum and grandmas.  I don't get to practice it very often, not having room or a sewing maching... but I've had this project in mind for a while now, so I figured this was the perfect time to start it. 

I have accumulated, over the years, loads of t-shirts from various places and events.  I love them, but the more I wore them, the more they were deteriorating.  So I decided to stop wearing them and turn them, instead, into a quilt.  A few years ago, to save room, I cut out the designs on them and stored them.  Today, I've started piecing them together to form a large blanket-sized piece.  It's been challenging, like a jigsaw puzzle, because I didn't think to always leave myself a lot of extra border to work with... but in the end, I got something that I think is workable.  Next step will be to start sewing the blocks together.  I think it'll be neat when I'm done, and even if it's only passable, it'll be mine. 
I actually have even more squares, so I'll eventually wind up with another.  Nice. 

2 comments:

Barb said...

Very nice, and I had that same MWS t-shirt.

Amie V said...

nice. we have good fashion sense, obviously.