Monday 7 February 2011

My New Favourite Invention

There was this thing, sitting on the bathroom floor beside the big claw foot tub.  It was kind of dish-like, and the stopper for the drain was inside it.  Fine, the stopper I knew... but this thing, I couldn't figure out.  Then, when I was soaking in the tub to cure my aching back, I started wishing I could fill the bath up higher than the silly little overflow drain allowed.  It's not like it's going to go over my head, and I would very much like it to cover my shoulders, anyway.  Just up to above that wee drain thing would work beautifully. 

Then I saw this beaty again, and everything just clicked.  Why, yes, it does suction over the overflow drain perfectly, and it does give me a couple more inches of water!  And yes, it does have a hole on top, so there is still an overflow drain.  Just higher up, which was perfect! 

Now I want one!