Thursday 11 November 2010

Party Night!

Brian and Steph threw a party tonight at their place, for Brian's students to get together-- and to celebrate my passing and being done!  I found out yesterday that my corrections are sustained and I get to actually graduate at the ceremony, so I have good reason to party!  There were several couples there, three of whom I'd only met once or not at all;  it was nice to meet and chat and hang out, but the best part was once those with wee ones went home and left the Brocks and the Prathers and I.  Good times with good friends, indeed!

I walked home in the wet and chill, but I didn't feel it.  Partly because of the warm fellowship I'd shared, and partly because I'd had two large glasses of wine, two drams of nice whisky, and a glass of champagne on one plate of delicious food.  I was feeling darn good, and I deserved it!  It was pretty, though, with the lights shining on the wet roads.  At least I thought so.  ;)

2 comments:

Barb said...

You shouldn't talk about your "passing" so happily! Most people don't want to celebrate their own passing. ;)

Amie V said...

hahahaha! context is everything. ;)