Saturday 6 November 2010

Good Day

Any day that has rugby on is a good day, especially when I have to be in and doing corrections anyway. 

I watched the two live matches (no northern hemisphere wins) and the highlights from the other.  While doing that, I multitasked correcting my typos.  Or rather, going through and dismissing many of them as NOT typos. 

For instance:  Theologicans.  In my acknowledgements.  He marked it as a typo.  Well, heck yeah it is.  Intentionally.  I'm not just thanking every theologian ever.  Sheesh. 

And my punctuation.  I'm not using the American conventional style, in which every comma and full stop goes inside the quotation marks, no matter what.  I'm using the British logical style, where the comma or full stop only goes inside the quotes when it's actually a part of the quote.  Which doesn't happen often.  And he marked every. single. time.  Those aren't getting changed;  I'll just be including a note as to why I did it that way.  I'm consistent in it, and it's not wrong, and I use british spelling, sooo... what's the problem?  Shouldn't be one. 

Anyway.  The rugby made it bearable.  The next three weeks Scotland will be playing.  Woot. 

2 comments:

Barb said...

It makes me laugh that they marked "theologican" as a typo. If only they knew...

Amie V said...

i know, right?! it was just chris, who is known to be picky... but i didn't think my acknowledgements would be proof-read. or that, after reading that entry, he would still think i'd just misspelled it. thank you, theologians. you know who you are. whatever. =D