Friday 5 November 2010

I Will Remember

Remember, remember the 5th of November--
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot.
I know of no reason the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever been forgot.  ...ten


Otherwise known as 'Annual Celebration of Burning a Catholic'.  Although I'd have been a Jacobite myself, considering I am most definitely NOT a Covenanter (Presbyterian).  But really, any excuse for fireworks is okay with me. 

I went with Lynch, and we had hot cocoa and oohed and aaahed and laughed at the silly music choices, the five second lapse between the end of the countdown and the start of the fireworks, and the 'juggling inferno' group who didn't juggle.  Good times. 

And I wonder if Fawkes the phoenix is named after Guy Fawkes, who was burned at the stake?  Just a thought...

2 comments:

Barb said...

Interesting thought about Fawkes... and fun photo!

Amie V said...

thanks. it was my best photo of the night, i thought. and i just thought about fawkes this time. i don't have a theory yet, just musings. maybe i'll write to jo and see... ;)