Wednesday 3 November 2010

QML

I spent five horrible hours in QML (that's the Queen Mother Library, for those of you not from Aberdeen).  It was miserable.  It's a terrible old grimy clausterphobic building, and they didn't want to let me in since my student id has expired, despite the fact I'm doing corrections for a degree from here.  And they wouldn't let me take out a three-hour heavy demand book I needed for the same reason, even though it's the only copy they have.  And I had both my old id and my letter stating my corrections.  Jerks.  I hate that place. 

So I didn't take a picture of it.  Or rather, I did... but I'm not using it.  I'm using one I like instead:

2 comments:

Barb said...

Ah, I like that building much better than QML too.

Amie V said...

no comparison. and the new library is going to be ugly, in my opinion. the glass is a good idea, but it'll be dated so quickly. actually, i think it's already dated and it's not even finished. i'll try to get a pic sometime...