Sunday 11 July 2010

The Final

I had wanted my Uruguay to go all the way.  Oh well.  In my initial choosing of 16 teams (from each of the initial group match-ups, I picked one.  Those were my half of the teams I 'supported'.), I had picked the Netherlands.  I had not picked Spain. 

But... after seeing how the Dutch were playing in the first half, I totally wanted Spain to win.  I mean, they kicked a guy full-on in the chest with their spikes!  That's just not right.  I don't care how badly you want to win, you don't play to injure the other team.  Sheesh.  And the ref just wasn't sending people off for dangerous stuff!  So Spain needed to win.  And win they did.  And I supported that. 

I had a good World Cup.  Next year is both the Women's (soccer/football) World Cup, and the Rugby World Cup.  Woot.  A very good year, indeed. 

No comments: