Wednesday 20 October 2010

I Hate iTunes

I have spent the entire day trying to get my music from my iPod back onto my lappy.  I have been putting this off ever since my other lappy was stolen;  I just can't be bothered ripping each cd, one by one.  I knew there must be a way to do it, even though Apple says 'No.  That can't be done.  Unless you own a Mac and bring it in to us in the store.  If you're a PC, well, tough luck.'  My friend Aleithia had shown me a site a while back when my iPod was frozen where I could get the stuff back onto my computer, in case we had to reformat the dang thing, but I couldn't remember the name of the software.  So I searched for programs, and most of them want oodles of money.  I'm not paying for this.  I finally found SharePod, which is free (and the one Aleithia showed me before), but it's been a bear.  It worked at first, and then seemed like it worked, and then didn't work at all.  I ended up having to take EVERYthing music related off my computer (all songs, all media players, everything) and then reinstall them all.  What a headache!  But finally, it all works.  And I have all my music pretty much where I want it.  Now Paige and I had better share our stuff like we planned, because otherwise I've gone through all this trauma for next to nothing....
I was working on my corrections during all this, but not very productively.  Oh well. 

No comments: