Friday 22 October 2010

Autumn in Narnia

I am feeling poorly today, and the weather has been awful.  But I needed to go in to meet Paige on campus with her passport, so we could rent a car for the weekend.  I've never needed more than my driving license for rentals, but hey.  Whatever, Enterprise.  What. Ever. 

So I couldn't find my return bus ticket (of course) and I had to buy a single (of course) and wait in the rain (of course).  But it wasn't raining when I got to Stirling Uni, and I had some time before Paige was done with all her duties that day, so I decided to walk around the lake on campus.  The leaves were turning and it was lovely.  I fell on my bum on the wet pavement (of course) trying to bend down to take a photo of some vividly coloured leaves-- I blame my stopped up head for messing with my balance.  Anyway.  It was still lovely.  Although it would have been nicer if someone had been around to laugh at/with me when I fell over.  That always helps, when I'm laughing at my clumsy self.  =) 

It was a gorgeous afternoon, on a gorgeous campus.  Stirling may not have the architecture of my King's College, but it's the best landed. 

2 comments:

Barb said...

It is lovely. I wish I had been there to laugh at/with you when you fell ;)

Amie V said...

i knew i could count on you! it was funny, because i didn't get hurt. and because, of course, my coat ballooned out so only my bum on my jeans and not my coat got wet. naturally. =D