Friday 3 February 2012

A Slight Change

I realise there has been a very large delay in my posting here.  I did continue to take a lot of photos last year (2011), but I didn't make one a day.  Somewhere in the autumn, as I was beating myself up for not taking pictures every day, I decided that I needed to give myself permission to slack off.  When I thought about it or felt there was something in a day worth taking pictures of, I did.  But otherwise, I have a lot of blank days.

Honestly, 'a lot of blank days' kind of describes my life this past year, as well.  Time goes by, and I have no idea where it disappeared to.  There are many, many days where I can't find anything beautiful, interesting, distinctive, or inspiring.  I haven't wanted to document most of my time, because it is frustrating, sad, and I feel like a waste.  I'm struggling to find a way out of that dark place, where I spend far too much of my time (against my will), but so far I'm finding that very difficult, if not impossible. 

Also, I was out of upload space here, and I didn't want to pay Google for more room.  Probably that was more stubbornness on my part, but I simply refused to pay even a paltry amount for more room.  I decided I'd figure out another way.  But I got sucked into the black hole, and never got around to figuring anything. 

Now I have, though.  I have a Shutterfly share site that I have started, just to put my blog photos into.  I'll have one album for photos over on True Aim and one for here at ViewFinder.  And if I feel like posting other things there, I will.  It's my site, after all.  I can do what I want. 

So I'll be trying to get around to posting my ones from last year that I missed, and keep on with my intermittant photo-taking this year.  So far, I'm not doing very well on that front.  But I am trying to catch up on my blogs, so stay tuned! 

No comments: